A little boy was visiting his grandparents on their farm. He was given a slingshot to play with out in the woods. He practiced in the woods; but he could never hit the target.Getting a little discouraged, he headed back home for dinner.
As he was walking back, he saw Grandma's pet duck. Just out of impulse, he let the slingshot fly, hit the duck square in the head and killed it. He was shocked and grieved! In a panic, he hid the dead duck in the wood pile, only to see his sister watching! Sally had seen it all, but said nothing.
After lunch the next day, Grandma said, "Sally, let's wash the dishes." But Sally said, "Grandma, Johnny told me he wanted to help in the kitchen." Then she whispered to Johnny, "Remember the duck?" So, Johnny did the dishes.
Later that day, Grandpa asked if the children wanted to go fishing, and Grandma said, "I'm sorry but I need Sally to help make supper." Sally just smiled and said, "Well, that's all right, Johnny told me he wanted to help." She whispered again, "Remember the duck?" So, Sally went fishing and Johnny stayed to help.
After several days of Johnny doing both Sally's and his chores, he finally couldn't stand it any longer. He came to Grandma and confessed that he had killed the duck.
Grandma knelt down, gave him a hug and said, "Sweetheart, I know. You see, I was standing at the window and I saw the whole thing, but because I love you, I forgave you. I was just wondering how long would you let Sally make a slave of you ."
Thought for the day and every single day after this.
Whatever is in your past, whatever you have done
...And the devil keeps throwing it up in your face...(Lying, cheating, debt, fear, bad habits, hatred etc.)
Whatever it is, you need to know that God was standing at the window and He saw the whole thing.
He has seen your whole life.
He wants you to know that He loves you and that you're forgiven.
He's just wondering how long would you let the devil make a slave of you.
The great thing about God is that when you ask for
forgiveness, He not only forgives you, but He forgets.
It is by God's grace and mercy that we are saved.
Go ahead and make the difference in someone's life today!
Share this with a friend, and always remember:
God is at the window!
When Jesus died on the cross; he was thinking of you!
This morning, I received the above message from my friend. The example given is so simple yet so meaningful. It's so hard for us to keep our lives pure and free from sin. But if we submit all to Him, He'll help us. :)
And coincidently, today is the last day of 'Say No Evil' bootcamp. And here, I would like to dedicate this message especially to all beautiful campers who have been so angelic this week! Make sure you stay this way even after this bootcamp! :)
Pop by these Tents in Say No Evil Camp. These Campers are hot!
* The tent filled with Gratitude of Life;
* Goodness Gracious!! Such a beautiful tent filled with Spirituality;
* The tent filled with light-heartedness and honesty! Judy Judy Judy I love you;
* This tent is filled with enthusiasm and sweet. A Great Pleasure to visit;
* A pretty mum with two handsome boys. This is a Miracle part of our Boot Camp;
* This tent is into supernatural. Our Boot camp is blessed by a tablet in Loi's Great Temple;
* This tent was just set up today! Her contemplations really touched the Rooms in My Heart;
* A delight you would find to visit this tent, one where you can Acquire Wisdom & Live with Passion;
* More insight to Say No Evil you will find. I invite you to enter Compassionate Council .. One of its kind;
* A tent so colourful you can't miss. Hues and tones of sunshine bliss. Such is how I describe this blog, my dear friend Emila's Illustrated Blog;
* Leave early if you are heading for this tent, for Project Heavy Traffic he is game for; More than four thousand visitors in 60 days, this one is worth your click I would say;
* Alas! The tent of our Uncle Sam with a passion for Simple Life. His life is far from simple I dare challenge. Pay a visit and you'd agree I am right!
* The tent of Happy Fish is up and running. Doses of inner reflection and honesty is what you would find there!
Have a Great Weekend, everyone! :)
Disclaimer: The above avatars/ graphics were taken from Glitters-Graphic.com. Does not belong to me.
Random Similar Post: