Taadaa!! Presenting to you my first ever baked cake! :) I've made this butter marble cake last weekend. Yes, this is my first time baking a cake. I was pretty excited during the process and am happy that it came out looking good.
But I gotta admit that the cake was nothing to shout about. There's no butter smell to it, because i used a normal butter. Since this is a butter marble cake, a good quality butter is the key to this cake. And secondly, the cake was alittle bit dry after a while. It was only good when eaten warm when it is still moist.
If you guys don't mind, I'm jotting down the recipe here. I will try to make a better one next time, i promise! :)
250g good quality butter
100g castor sugar
5 egg yolks
Rind of 1 lemon
1 tsp vanilla essence
150g self-raising flour, sifted with
1 tsp salt
5 egg whites
25g castor sugar
1/2 bar chocolate
2 tsp cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 175°C. Line a 20cm cake tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Cream butter with sugar until light & creamy. Add egg yolks one at a time & beat until light & fluffy. Add essence & lemond rind, blend well.
3. Fold in flour gradually & mix well.
4. Whisk egg whites & sugar until stiff. Fold merigue into the flour mixture gently.
5. Melt chocolate bar in microwave under medium high for 1 min. Add in cocoa powder and 1/3 of the prepared batter. Mix well.
6. Randomly put spponful of vanilla batter & chocolate batter in the prepared cake tin. Level up mixture at the sides but allow a shallow well in the center. This enables the cake to level up evenly during baking. Use a toothpick to make circular pattern on the surface of the batter.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 mins, or until cooked.
Disclaimer: Modified from Amy Beh's recipe: Butter Cake.
Random Similar Post: