ss_blog_claim=b0ec6080451342aa7b6789497b036348

Baked Herbal Chicken



For Chinese New Year this year, my uncles and aunties came to our house for reunion dinner. celebrate I made this chicken dish [from my future MIL's recipe love] for them. Of coz, this is not the only dish we have, my uncles and aunties each brought a dish. It's a pot luck reunion dinner!

At first, they didn't know that I made this dish. They thought we've bought it from restaurant. So, when I told them that I made this chicken dish, they were very impressed. They praised me like the sky is the limit especially my elder sister. shy

Actually, it's really easy to made. I am sure anyone with an oven can come out with this scrumptious chicken meal! smile
Ingredients:
1 chicken
2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
3 sticks Tong Sum
4 pcs Hwai Sun
1 Tbsp Kei Chi
10 pcs dried red dates
3 pcs Pak Kei
1 1/2 cup water
4 pcs Tong Kuai
4 pcs Chuin Kung

1. Rub salt & oyster sauce onto the chicken. Marinate for 1 hour.

Tips: Rub ingredients all around the chicken including under the skin and inside the stomach.

2. In a small pot of 1 1/2 cup water, bring all the herbs except Tong Kuai & Chuin Kung to boiled. Give a pinch of salt into the boiling herbs water. Remove from heat. Let it cool for few mins.

3. Place a big sheet of aluminum foil on a big round tray. Then place chicken in the center. Put the dried herbs: Tong Kuai & Chuin Kong at both, front & back of chicken. Then pour in the herbs water into the chicken stomach. Quickly wrap the chicken nicely, be careful not to spill the herbs water.

Tips: Having the round tray will help to make the wrapping easier.

4. Bake in oven for 2 hours at 200C. Eat hot!


Happy Friday, peeps!! Have lots of fun on your friday night out! kiss



First Commentator

Congratulations, marzie! and thank you for all your comments love!!! :)
Get Paid To Promote At Any Location!
>>> Twice monthly auto pay by paypal!
>>> Minimum Payments is $ 0.1 Sign up!